Motorcycle Accident Lawyer — Moreno Valley, CA
Motorcycles are known for offering both freedom and an adrenaline rush that you simply can’t get from driving in a car. The problem is these spectacles go hand in hand with little protection for motorcyclists which means motorcycle accidents often have serious consequences, even with all the safety precautions in place. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Moreno Valley, you might be eligible for financial compensation. The Empire Accident Attorneys has several years of experience representing motorcyclists. We work tirelessly with our clients to help them recover the maximum amount of compensation owed to them, whether that’s through a settlement or a jury verdict. For an immediate assessment of your accident, injuries, and legal recourse, give us a call to schedule a free case evaluation with our motorcycle accident attorney today.
Why Empire Accident Attorneys Is the Best Option for You
Motorcycle crashes can be so severe that they may leave you with an uncertain financial future and long-term injuries. While you struggle to recover, you shouldn’t have to fight a selfish insurance company trying to reduce the value of your claim. Our Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyers will give you the best legal representation you deserve. We have several years of experience representing motorcycle riders who were injured in a car accident with another motor vehicle.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle crash, call our Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyers today to discuss. Here are the services we provide to our clients:
- Our attorneys have years of negotiation and litigation experience, recovering millions of dollars for our clients.
- We are passionate about preserving the right of our clients in Moreno Valley. Our attorneys work hard to represent our clients and keep their best interest in mind, which is why we never settle for less.
- Advocate on your behalf at the trial when the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement.
- Our attorneys believe in the importance of open communication with clients. We’ll always keep our clients updated about their cases and answer their phones 24/7.
- Conduct a thorough investigation to recover all evidence from your motorcycle, including physical evidence from the scene of the accident, reports related to the accident, and in some cases, eyewitness statements.
- We offer legal representation to accident victims in Moreno Valley on a contingency fee basis. We won’t charge you any fees for our legal services until we win the case for you.
For additional information about the benefits of working with Empire Accident Attorneys as your motorcycle accident attorney Moreno Valley, contact us today.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident in Moreno Valley, we encourage you to at least consult with a lawyer to see if you have a case that requires representation. Our law firm offers a free consultation where we will discuss your case and answer all of your questions or concerns. Keep reading to learn a few of the benefits of hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Assistance with Insurance Claims
After a motorcycle accident, you may have difficulty with your insurance carrier or the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. Insurance companies generally try as much as possible to settle claims for little less money than you deserve, even if you have sustained considerable motorcycle injuries and damages. A lawyer can help represent your best interest as you try to recover the compensation you truly deserve, especially if there are questions about shared responsibility or liability with the accident. wrongful death
Go Through the Settlement Process Faster
Every legal step of the settlement process will require a lot of attention and time. An experienced Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer knows this process inside and out, so they can avoid unnecessary steps and make the process quicker.
Understand Underlying Factors That May Go Unnoticed
The actual accident can be the fault of other drivers, or other conditions like the weather or road quality. For instance, bad roads can contribute to the accident, and this could make the municipality negligent as well. A reputable motorcycle accident attorney looks at every angle.
Get Represented in Court
If you believe an insurance company is not treating you fairly after your motorcycle accident, a Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer can help you build a lawsuit. Your lawyer can also strengthen your lawsuit by gathering important information and talking to witnesses. If you are still recovering when the case goes to court, your lawyer can also handle all the legal information while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
They Understand the Statute of Limitations in California
If you or someone you know has recently been in a motorcycle accident, you may want to file a claim before the statute of limitations runs up on your claim. Depending on the circumstances, victims typically have two years to file a claim. However, the time to file can vary. A qualified Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer already knows the statute of limitations for your particular case and can help you get your claim started.
How Much Is a Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Every motorcycle accident case is unique, which is why the value of a case will be different for everyone. When assessing the worth of your motorcycle accident, a lot of factors come into play. The only way to truly estimate your potential claim value is to do a thorough investigation of the accident. The following are some of the factors an experienced motorcycle accident attorney will consider when evaluating your claim:.
- Conditions of the crash
- The severity and type of your injury
- The type of medical care you received
- Whether you partially contributed to the accident
- Whether you were disfigured, impaired, or disabled due to the crash
- How your injuries impact your quality of life and health
The biggest value of claims comes from what is known as “non-economic damages,” which are the things that can’t easily be valued, such as suffering and pain, and don’t have clear financial value. However, the value of future medical bills and lost earnings can also be challenging.
Contact Empire Accident Attorneys today for a free consultation with our Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you understand how much your personal injury claim may be worth.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Moreno Valley
There are nearly 785,424 motorcycles registered in the state of California in 2020, which means no matter how safe a motorcyclist rides, accidents can still be caused by reckless or negligent drivers or riders.
Some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents in Moreno Valley include:
- Head-on collisions: This is one of the most dangerous types of motorcycle crashes, which often leads to serious injuries and death.
- Lane splitting: This involves a motorcycle driving between two lanes of traffic, which is especially risky for new motorcyclists.
- Reckless driving, alcohol use, and speeding: The most common causes of auto accidents on the road that endangers other vehicles and pedestrians.
- A car turning left: This is a common type of accident between motorcycles and vehicles, and it happens when a car turns left in front of a motorcyclist without any warning.
- Inattentive driving: Inattentive drivers is one of the most common causes of vehicle accidents that can result in injury and death.
Determining Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Most often, the driver at fault may bear the sole liability for the motorcycle accident. However, in several cases, other parties may share liability for your motorcycle accident. For instance, if your motorcycle malfunctioned in such a way that it prevented you from riding defensively, then you can pursue losses from the motorcycle manufacturer.
Our professional Moreno Valley motorcycle accident lawyer will go over the situation that led to the accident and give you a better understanding of the whole situation.
At Empire Accident Attorneys, we’ll gather evidence from various sources, and when needed, we work with specialists in different fields to analyze the evidence and create testimony that helps strengthen your claim of negligence.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have far less protection than occupants of vehicles and trucks, which means, upon impact, a motorcyclist will sustain impact to the body.
Some of the more common injuries related to motorcycle accidents in Moreno Valley include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): According to the study conducted by NHTSA on 104,472 riders injured in accidents, 12% of helmeted riders and 21% of riders without helmets suffered TBI. TBI accounted for 54% of the motorcyclists within this group who didn’t survive.
- Lower-extremity injuries: According to NHTSA, motorcyclists sustain lower-extremity injuries more frequently than any other type of injury.
- Internal injuries: A blunt-force or penetration trauma can cause damage to the internal organs.
- Fractures: This is an extremely common in motorcycle injury. Broken leg bones are mostly suffered by motorcyclists, followed by arms, ribs, collarbones, and wrists fractures.
- Road rash: During a motorcycle crash, a motorcyclist will likely make contact with the road surface, which can result in road rash (serious skin abrasions).
- Face/Neck: Riders who are injured in vehicle accidents are at risk of suffering injuries to their face and neck. Common face injuries include broken teeth, noses, jawbones.
At Empire Accident Attorneys, our motorcycle accident lawyers tailor each motorcycle accident case to the unique needs of our clients.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Moreno Valley
According to NHTSA, fatal motorcycle accidents in 2017 occurred 27 times more often than occupants of vehicle and truck accidents, even when motorcyclists only make up about 5% of all motorists. So, it is crucial to know what to do after an auto accident. A few things you can do include the following:
- Get to safety and contact the police: The first thing you should do is analyze your current situation and surroundings. If you can, remove yourself from the road and get to safety. If you are not badly injured, check to see if other occupants involved in the accident need help and get them to safety. Then, call 911 for medical and police assistance.
- Do not remove your helmet: You may be in shock after a motorcycle accident, and with the adrenaline, you may not feel any pain. So, wait for paramedics to arrive and attend to you before removing your helmet to avoid exacerbating injuries.
- Gather evidence: Ensure to gather evidence immediately after the accident. This means obtaining a copy of the police report, writing notes, taking pictures, and collecting information about the other driver, vehicle, and insurance information.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Regardless of who is at fault, you are required to notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Note that reporting an accident to your insurance company is not the same as filing a claim.
Get the Help You Need After a Motorcycle Accident in In Moreno Valley
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a reckless driver in Moreno Valley, contact us today for a free consultation. Our lawyers will aggressively pursue the fair compensation you deserve. Call Empire Accident Attorneys today to start assessing your potential legal options.