A Trusted Rideshare Accident Lawyer — Moreno Valley, CA
Today, many people in Moreno Valley prefer using rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft instead of trains, taxis, and buses because they offer a more personal style of transportation. However, the benefits offered by rideshare companies come with risks. Car accidents occur every day. These types of cases are complex and leave victims to wonder if the rideshare driver or if their employer is at fault. These types of questions and concerns emphasize the importance of seeking legal guidance following an Uber or Lyft accident. At Empire Accident Attorneys, our legal team will address any concerns or questions because we have several years of experience handling personal injury cases. Contact our professional Moreno Valley Lyft and Uber accident lawyer for a free consultation today.
Why Empire Accident Attorneys Is the Best Option for You
We pride ourselves on being a premiere law firm for residents in the Moreno Valley area. Our goal is to protect victims and get them the compensation that is owed to them. We offer several years of experience representing victims of ridesharing accidents due to the negligence of the drivers or company. With a team that comprises trial attorneys, we strive for nothing less than what our clients deserve.
Here are additional reasons to choose us:
- Our personal injury attorneys have devoted their lives to representing injured victims of Uber and Lyft accidents.
- Our law firm has a proven track record of success in accident claims. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- Our attorneys believe in the importance of open communication with clients. We’ll always keep our clients updated about their cases and answer their phones 24/7.
- We have the resources to create compelling Uber or Lyft accident cases on your behalf.
- Our Lyft and Uber accident lawyer prepares every Uber or Lyft accident case as if it’s going to trial. So, if necessary, we won’t hesitate to move your case to the courtroom.
- We offer legal representation to accident injury victims on a contingency fee basis. We start with a free case evaluation and we do not charge any upfront fee for our services, and you’ll only pay when we secure the compensation you deserve.
Benefits of Hiring a Lyft and Uber Accident Attorney
In an uncertain and stressful time, having an experienced legal practitioner to address your concerns and manage the various accident claim process is critical. With a claim process that is filled with complexities and a few parties, having a Uber and Lyft lawyer on your side is important. Here are other benefits associated with hiring an reputable accident lawyer.
They Understand the Process
The legal procedures surrounding rideshare injury are difficult to understand for an average individual with no experience of the law. An experienced lawyer will know which legal paperwork to file and how to complete the form. They also know the strategies that insurance adjusters use, and they can ensure they don’t take advantage of you.
They Can Deal with Insurance Companies
The main goal of any insurance company is to settle claims with the least amount of money. So, they may pressure you to agree to an undervalued payout. Luckily, an Uber and Lyft accident attorney can advise you on the right step to take and even speak with the insurance adjuster and other parties involved on your behalf.
They Will Fight for You
If you suffered catastrophic injuries that require medical treatment throughout a long and expensive recovery period, you need to know who will be responsible for your damages. A Uber and Lyft accident lawyer initially strives to achieve a fair settlement instead of taking the case to court. However, an Uber and Lyft accident attorney has the experience to take the case to court if the insurance company will not offer a more favorable compensation.
They Understand the Statute of Limitations in California
Like any car accident on the road, the statute of limitations apply to Lyft and Uber vehicle accidents in California. An experienced and knowledgeable accident lawyer is aware of these limitation periods and can take the necessary actions to protect their clients’ interests.
How Much Is a Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
Under California law, a victim of an Uber and Lyft accident may be able to recover financial compensation if they are injured due to someone else’s negligence. The amount of these damages and losses usually depends on many factors, including the following:
- Property damage
- Noneconomic damages (pain and suffering)
- Lost wages and impaired earning capacity
- The total cost of current and future medical bills
In addition, the family of people killed in a ridesharing accident can sue the driver or company for wrongful death. There is also both Uber and Lyft’s liability coverage that factors into a claim as part of your recovery. At Empire Accident Attorneys, our experienced lawyers can help you receive the right compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Lyft and Uber Accident in Moreno Valley
The rate of car accidents keeps increasing as more people use ridesharing services. Here are the most common causes of these crashes.
- Speeding: This is one of the major causes of ridesharing accidents due to the massive force of impact in the accident. Victims have been known to suffer terrible injuries or death.
- Distracted driving: NHTSA stated that inputting directions or texting on the phone takes your eyes off the road for a few seconds. Unfortunately, distracted driving significantly increases the risk of an accident.
- Driving intoxicated: A lot of people request an Uber or Lyft in order not to drink and drive. Unfortunately, some rideshare drivers are intoxicated on the job, which should impair their driving.
- Reckless driving: This is one of the most common causes of auto accidents. Some of the most common forms of reckless driving include sudden lane changes and avoiding traffic signals.
- Fatigued driving: Any rideshare driver putting in many hours of work is vulnerable to fatigued driving. Not only does fatigue affect the response and perception of the driver, but it may also cause them to fall asleep at the wheel.
Determining Liability of a Ridesharing Accident
Generally, the liability for a ridesharing accident falls on either the driver or the rideshare company. Contrary to what you may believe, the at fault party doesn’t automatically fall on the ridesharing company. Instead, it depends on other factors, such as whether the driver was logged in the company’s app at the time of the accident or not.
If the driver is not logged into the app at the time of the accident, they are solely responsible for the accident. However, in the case the driver has already logged into the app, but the ride hasn’t been accepted, Uber and Lyft would only assume a part of the liability. Also, if the driver was logged into the app and is either on the way to pick up the passenger or has the passenger already, then the ridesharing company will take full responsibility.
An experienced ridesharing accident firm such as Empire Accident Attorneys is familiar with the ridesharing laws and can help you quickly determine who is liable for the accident and the settlement that comes with it.
Common Lyft/Uber Accident Injuries
In the event of a crash involving Uber and Lyft cars, the drivers and passengers in an Uber or Left could suffer serious injuries and even death. The following are some of the most common injuries sustained by victims of rideshare accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): During the crash, if your head strikes the dashboard, window, seat, or a solid surface, you could sustain a traumatic brain injury. The severity of TBI varies greatly, and the serious one can lead to chronic problems that can last a lifetime.
- Neck and Back Injuries: If the crash causes your head to move abruptly, you could suffer injuries to your neck as well as your spinal discs. You can also suffer back injury due to the forces of a vehicle crash.
- Burns: In a vehicle accident, you are at risk of sustaining severe burns from hot car parts or fires. Burns can cause significant discomfort and pain, and a severe burn can damage deep tissues.
- Broken Bones: The impact of a vehicle accident can apply enough force to break your bones in almost any part of the body. Broken bones and damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons can cause severe pain.
- Internal Bleeding: The force of the accident can damage the organ and cause you to bleed internally. These injuries are serious and common during a high-impact collision.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident in Moreno Valley
Many people don’t realize that there are steps they can take after getting involved in a ridesharing accident – whether you are a passenger, in another car, or a pedestrian. The steps you take immediately after an accident can affect your health and chances to recover compensation from the responsible party. Here’s what you need to do.
- Report the crash and get to a safe place: If there are any injuries in the crash, call 911 immediately and let the dispatcher know you need medical help. Even if you believe you are not injured, you should consider medical attention as a form of precaution. You can also have the police document the crash.
- Gather evidence: If it’s safe to do so, you should take pictures and gather evidence. Get the driver’s information, including their name, license number, rideshare company details, and in some cases, insurance information. You can also get statements from the accident witnesses who can help back up your claim.
- File an accident report with Uber and Lyft: It is easy to notify Uber and Lyft of an accident involving their drivers. If you are a passenger, you can file an accident report through the Uber or Lyft app.
- Get legal help: The best way to protect your rights is to have an experienced Uber and Lyft lawyer on your side. Hiring an accident lawyer is important towards holding the parties negligent for your accident responsible.
Get the Help You Need After a Lyft of Uber Accident in Moreno Valley
If you have been injured in an accident involving rideshare, you should seek legal representation from the experienced accident lawyer at Empire Accident Attorneys right away. Our lawyers will work endlessly to ensure you are fairly compensated. You don’t have to waste time any further; take the first steps towards recovering the maximum compensation by scheduling a free consultation today.