A Trusted Truck Accident Lawyer — Moreno Valley, CA
If you or your loved one find yourself a victim of a truck accident in Moreno Valley and suffered serious injuries as a result, you need an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. Trucking accidents usually involve complex and difficult legal processes against several different – parties. This can include corporate defendants involved in different areas of the trucking industry. Working with an experienced accident attorney is crucial. The personal injury lawyers of Empire Accident Attorneys are recognized in Moreno Valley as leaders in truck accident law. No firm is more experienced in getting accident victims the justice they deserve and the compensation they're owed. We have won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Empire Accident Attorneys Is the Best Option for You
Trucking accidents can be far more complicated and devastating than a regular car or motorcycle accident. That is why they should only be handled by a personal injury law firm with years of experience and a record of success handling these types of accident cases. Our team of accident attorneys can offer legal advice and representation about your options for recovering maximum compensation.
Empire Accident Attorneys is unique in that we have developed a special focus on these complex cases. For years, Empire Accident Attorneys have represented victims of truck crashes throughout Moreno Valley. Our personal injury lawyers are dedicated experts in aggressively pursuing the compensation and justice that our clients deserve. Each member of our law firm has extensive experience in truck injury cases. Other benefits to working with us include:
- Our team is committed to securing the maximum possible compensation for our clients.
- We know how to handle the large trucking corporations and their lawyers.
- We will not settle for anything less than a fair settlement, and we will take your trucking accident case to trial if necessary.
- Our attorneys will aggressively negotiate with the insurance carriers to seek a fair settlement.
- Conduct an independent and extensive investigation into your truck crash, gather evidence, and identify all parties who contributed to the accident.
- Our legal experts will continuously offer insightful legal advice and support.
- We’ll always keep our clients updated about their cases and answer their phones 24/7.
- Our Moreno Valley law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge any upfront costs for our services. Clients only pay when we secure the compensation you deserve.
For additional information about the benefits of working with Empire Accident Attorneys as your truck accident lawyer in Moreno Valley, CA, contact us today.
Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Truck and car accidents share some similarities, but ultimately, they are not the same. Truck accidents are more severe than car accidents. It is also more challenging to apply for compensation for truck accidents due to how many people can be involved. Hence, it is always beneficial to work with the best truck accident lawyers for the best result. Some of the benefits of hiring a truck accident lawyer include:
Uncovering Important Evidence
Truck accident lawyers are quite familiar with discovery rules they can use to uncover evidence and preserve them. They can conduct a well-detailed investigation into what caused your accident and request the necessary documents, reports, and other vital evidence that help explain the cause of the truck accident that occurred and what party is responsible.
They Will Help You Understand Your Rights
Most people, unfortunately, don’t understand their legal rights as victims and claimants. Going through the process alone will make it more difficult for you to get fair compensation. Besides, you may not have the time and resources required to learn your right and the civil court process on the go. Filing incorrect paperwork or taking the wrong steps can lead to denied or reduced settlements.
Choose the Best Legal Strategy
Our seasoned truck accident attorneys investigate each case to establish the right legal strategy. A reputable lawyer can explore every available option and recommend the best approach, whether it means filing a car accident claim, negotiating a fair settlement, proceeding to trial, or arbitrating the truck accident case.
Handle Communications with the Insurance Companies and Other Parties Involved
Insurance companies and other parties use a variety of techniques to try and reduce the value of your claim or deny them altogether. An experienced lawyer can examine the situations of a car accident case involving commercial trucks to establish an estimated value that is appropriate for your claim. Our lawyers can tackle these challenges so that you can focus on recovery.
They Know the Statute of Limitations and Other Deadlines
Like every state in the country, California has a statute of limitation for accident claims. There is a deadline for filing a claim and if you file one after this period, your case could be automatically dismissed. The only way to know for sure the best course of action for your particular case is to consult with an accident attorney.
How Much Is a Truck Accident Claim Worth?
It is difficult to determine what your accident case is worth because it is dependent on many factors, – some of which include your injuries and property damage. Multiple parties can be involved too. NHTSA report shows that semi truck accidents are common, and because of the size and weight of trucks, it is difficult to stop them, and it could result in tragic accidents.
Due to the higher likelihood of sustaining severe injury with an accident involving semi-trucks, its settlements tend to be higher than those that concern motorcycle and car accidents. However, as with any case, here are the factors that are usually considered:
- Property damage
- Noneconomic damages (pain and suffering)
- Lost wages and impaired earning capacity
- The cost of current and future medical bills
- How much insurance is available
With the help of experienced truck accident attorneys from Empire Accident Attorneys, you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Moreno Valley
Accidents involving trucks are—more often than not—catastrophic. These accidents may occur for any number of reasons. Here are some of the most common situations that can cause or contribute to truck accidents.
- Driver fatigue: This is a serious problem among truck drivers. While the hours a truck driver can work are dictated by law, they still often have demanding schedules and long hours. That makes some of the truck drivers force themselves to stay awake through the long drives.
- Distracted driving: Distraction and inattention often cause accidents for truck drivers as they do for drivers of passenger vehicles. Distracted driving is any activity or action that diverts the driver from driving.
- Driving under the influence: It is illegal in Moreno Valley to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately, many truck drivers have been found guilty of using alcohol, medications, and amphetamines to stimulate themselves to stay awake while driving.
- Speeding: It is sometimes impossible for a truck driver to make a delivery on time. So, in order to meet up the deadlines, truck drivers may drive more recklessly and exceed the speed limit. This is especially hazardous for trucks of large stature.
- Brakes: According to NHTSA, at least 29% of truck accidents are brake failure related. This can be due to a lack of maintenance or faulty inspection.
- Truck malfunctions: Mechanical failures also often cause truck accidents when there is faulty truck components or design.
Improper cargo loading, bad road, and lack of proper training are also some of the common causes of truck accidents.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Case
Determining liability in a truck accident case is quite complicated because they often involve several parties, including the driver, trucking firm, contractor, insurers, and sometimes truck manufacturer. Generally, the local and state police thoroughly investigate the cause of an accident with large commercial vehicles because of the number of people that may be involved in the crash.
Insurance companies also thoroughly investigate the accident, though they focus more on the financial implications than safety concerns. While all these parties have the resources and knowledge to get to the truth about the true cause of the accident, they do not have your best interest in mind.
A reputable accident attorney with sufficient experience handling commercial vehicle accident cases have the expertise and insight to find what caused the accident and the liable party. More importantly, they can identify all the parties that can be held liable for your injury and losses.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Trucking accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries. If the crash doesn’t lead to death, it often leaves the victim with gruesome injuries that may take several years to recover from. Here are just some of the more common accident injuries involving semi trucks:
- Broken bones: The blunt force trauma that occurs during a truck crash can easily lead to broken or shattered bones.
- Neck and back injuries: This neck and back are so critical to everything we do; the injury often hinders you from doing daily activities and returning to work.
- Burn injuries: This is a common injury because there is a greater chance of a truck’s fuel tank rupturing during the crash.
- Internal injuries: Power force from the truck crash can cause internal bleedings to organs such as the kidney, bladder, liver, spleen, and pancreas.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) : The impact of a trucking accident is enough to result in severe injury to the brain.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Moreno Valley
Immediately after an auto accident with a semi truck, we recommend taking a few important steps to protect your ability to receive fair compensation. We’ve summarized the most important steps below.
- Get to safety and contact the police: The first step to take after an accident is to call 911. When you call to report the crash, let the 911 dispatcher know you need medical help. Once an officer arrives, they will assess the situation and give you instruction on your next action.
- Gather Evidence: If you are able to, try to gather information at the car accident scene. If you are involved in an accident in Moreno Valley with a truck driver, make sure you exchange. Other useful information in truck crash cases includes the police report, insurance information of other drivers, and taking pictures.
- See a doctor: Get a physical exam from a medical professional, even if you do not believe you are hurt. Only a qualified physician can identify your injuries, especially the hidden ones, like TBI or internal bleeding. Seeing a doctor will also be good for your case.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: When reporting the accident to your insurance company, be careful about what you say. While they may sound friendly and compassionate, they’re working in the interest of the insurance company they work for.
- Contact a Moreno Valley Lawyer: Insurance adjusters associated with the trucking company will contact you after the crash. Remember that you are not duty-bound to speak to other insurance companies and adjusters, and you shouldn’t. Instead, direct them to your Moreno Valley truck accident lawyer. An experienced attorney will take care of your legal needs, as well as protect your rights from being violated.
Get the Help You Need After a Truck Accident in In Moreno Valley
Every truck accident in Moreno Valley is unique and most often can be traumatizing, frightening, and life-changing. At Empire Accident Attorneys, we have what it takes to win complicated personal injury cases, especially these types of cases where commercial vehicles are involved. Our goal is to help you maximize the value of your case and ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Schedule your free consultation with us today.